Monday, October 25, 2010

Boudha Kora

                                                                                                                                 Though I live in Jorpati, I always like to say that "I live in Boudha" when I am asked, where do you live? When i think that i live in boudha, I feel like i am a part of something special. Usually, I hangout with my frens in boudha. We do kora whenever we go there. Kora  means rounding the boudha stupa. It is said that one should do kora for odd times.If one does that, it will be good for him or her..So believing that,I usually do kora  three times.
                    While doing kora , my mind gets free from all those stuff that I  am related.The surrounding that one sees, while doing kora is amazing. People from different countries, antique art, monks, religious music......and many other things makes the surrounding amazing. What more one needs, to make his mind free from his hectic schedule and to have good time.  It makes you feel that you are in somewhere in free zone, where nothing bothers you. So,I usually hang out in boudha with my frens when i get disturb or when i feel uncomfortable with something.
                                           I also do kora when something that I wish gets fulfill. Like, after completing my +2 exam, I made a vhakal( don't know english word...hehe)that, I would do kora daily for 1 week, if I get over 80.So, I did kora for 1 week, daily three times, when my result was published. 

No comments:

Post a Comment